Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Consumer Reports Top Pocket Camcorders

I've been browsing the camcorders on Amazon.com. Wow have they come a long way. About 5 years ago I picked up a Samsung SCD103 for about $300. Works great for everyday shooting of the kids. The LCD screen died on it though. It's still usable. I just have to look through the tiny little viewfinder now, which is annoying.
I was reading the December 2010 issue of Consumer Reports and noticed ratings for pocket camcorders. They look really promising for what I would use it for. Simple, affordable, portable, and pretty good quality.
I'm really liking the Kodak PlaySport Zx3. It is available at Amazon.com for $140 as a bundle with a 4gb sd card, tripod and remote control. Sweet little deal. It's the top rated pocket camcorder by Consumer Reports too.
The other 4 top rated pocket camcorders are:

1. Sony Bloggie MHS-CM5
2. Panasonic HM-TA1
3. Sony Bloggie MHS-PM5
4. Creative VF0624

All are available for under $200.


More Camcorders

2 comments:

David Martin said...

Dear Ice Princess --
You picked some outstanding cameras. One inexpensive accessory that will go a long way toward improving the quality of the video you shoot on any of them is the readySTEADY. It's an easy-to-use, pocket-sized gadget that stabilizes the cameras. If you've ever tried to hold one steady for more than about 10 seconds you know how difficult that can be! No one wants to watch shaky video!

Mike said...

Thanks for the tips! I've been looking around for a camcorder for forever now. I finally bought the Sony Handycam DCR-SR68 (if it's any good I'll review it on my blog). Thanks again for posting.
Mike

http://just2techy.blogspot.com/