Sunday, June 19, 2011

PHP Web Development Advertising Agency

I have a list of programming languages I would like to learn. On the list is PHP. If you take a look at the job listings on any freelance programming website, there are tons of openings for PHP programmers. I've dabbled with web programming using jsp, java, javascript and html, but no PHP.
One day I was checking out the available classes at ed2go and noticed there were two PHP courses. An introduction class and an intermediate class. Each one costs $89.00 and lasts 6 weeks. Over the duration of the course, 2 lessons are released a week, for a total of 12 lessons. One lesson is released on Wednesday and the other on Friday.
Last week I finished the introduction course and started the intermediate class this week. I must say, I learned quite a bit.
The introduction course took you from start to finish in the development of your own recipe website. A mysql database is used to hold the recipe data. On the website users can create an account, leave comments and search recipes. Pretty cool. I may have to find a way to may it live and integrate it into my recipes blog.
I can't wait to get more into the intermediate class. This one takes you from start to finish of a store, which should be useful for my magazine back issues website.
PHP seems to be a pretty powerful programming language. One thing I never realized is that it is object oriented. It seems to have support for doing just about anything you can do in programming languages like C++. PHP is much easier to use to build a dynamic website than jsp and javascript. Unlike javascript which is browser dependent, PHP runs on the server, which means it's always on, so you don't have to worry about whether or not the user has it enabled in their browser, like with javascript.
Once I make my way through the rest of the intermediate PHP course, I have to go back to a few of the freelance programming sites and see if I can pick up a side job.
I may set up a website and advertise my skills. These days there are lots of programmers out there, especially in the area of web development. I may even look into hiring an Advertising Agency. One that comes to mind is called ThatAdvertising Agency. They are an Advertising Agency made up of tech savvy people. They use all the latest online advertising techniques in addition to the old offline advertising techniques. Hiring an Advertising Agency that knows all the advertising tips and tricks might be just the key to promoting a website and helping a newbie break into the competitive web development field.

No comments: